Friday, February 3, 2012

Why 1000 Cranes?

Recently my boyfriend's grandfather has been diagnosed with colon cancer. To show our support we have decided to create 1000 paper cranes. This is an ancient Japanese legend that promises anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_origami_cranes)

When Joel was teaching me how to fold a crane, I have never made one before this project, I noticed that each crane crafted is an individual work of art. Each has its own personality and spirit. I knew that I needed to capture an image of each crane we create. So our project became two-fold (pardon the pun): create 1000 cranes, then photograph each one. It is a combination of something Joel loves (origami) and something I love (photography)

In this blog we will show the process of making the cranes, share our thoughts, and of course photo of each individual crane.


No comments:

Post a Comment